duPont REGISTRY January 2015duPont REGISTRY GEAR
It seems like just yesterday that I said “Welcome to 2014!” Well, here it is, our January issue 2015, and time to start another new year (a bit early in the print world). I must pause and say how grateful I am to be here, and it is in no small way the result of you … our readers and advertisers. I consider you partners in our efforts to bring buyers and sellers together under the duPont REGISTRY/MEDIA brand that continues to grow in many, many ways. Here’s to a successful 2015!!
There are six key media sections that consumers (buyers and sellers) use in marketing their products: magazines, internet, events, radio and television. Magazines and internet consistently rank #1 and #2 in most surveys. Add to that, events have become increasingly important as a “reality check” in an increasingly digital world. There is great value in the sound of a vehicle, or the weight of a fine timepiece. What I am saying here is that the first three sectors combine to deliver the very highest levels of response and brand exposure. This is great for shoppers and sellers. We do all three, and our media partnerships are the way for sellers to impact our exclusive world of potential buyers.
Some of the event opportunities on the horizon are:
- Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale, Arizona (January 10-18, 2015) The focal point of the Scottsdale auto-extravaganza week. See barrett-jackson.com.
- Motor Trend Shows – Baltimore, MD from January 1 – 4; San Jose, CA from January 8 – 11; Sandy, UT from January 16 – 19; Milwaukee, WI from February 21 – March 1; Richmond, VA from March 20 - 22. See more details at Motortrend.com/auto_shows
- Boca Raton Concours d’Elegance – duPont REGISTRY/LIVE! Event (February 21, 2015) It’s not too early to plan a trip to sunny Florida during the predicted cold Winter of 2015. It is the start of Concours weekend in Boca Raton. Website: bocaratonconcours.com
- Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance – duPont REGISTRY/LIVE! Event (March 13, 2015)
Our Friday night party kicks off a weekend full of events for auto enthusiasts, culminating in the Sunday Concours d’Elegance on the grounds of the beautiful Ritz Carlton Resort & Club. See details on their website: www.ameliaislandconcours.org
- Cars & Coffee at duPont REGISTRY headquarters – The third Saturday of every month in the Tampa Bay area, Florida. January 17 and February 21. March 21st will be off-site at the USF St. Petersburg campus on the waterfront of beautiful downtown St. Petersburg, Florida.